To say I'm a chickpea fan is a HUGE understatement. They serve as the most vital ingredient in creating [the magic that is] hummus and are a staple in my vegan diet. Not only are chickpeas a great source of fiber and protein, but they also contain important antioxidants, vitamins and minerals including folate, magnesium, vitamin b6, vitamin c, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and zinc.
If you love chickpeas as much as I do, you NEED to try this smashed chickpea sandwich!
- Strain and wash chickpeas
- Cut avocado into small chunks
- Mash chickpeas in a large bowl
- Add avocado chunks
- Mix in HOPE Spicy Avocado Hummus
- Toast 2 slices of bread
- Spread Bone Suckin Sweet Hot Yellow Mustard (my absolute favorite) on both slices of bread
- Build sandwich with chickpea mix, sliced tomato, and a handful of sprouts
Enjoy! (and then post a picture on Instagram and tag @vegetaryn so I can see pictures of your delicious sandwiches!)
HOPE Spicy Avocado Hummus